Chelsea want £60million from Atletico Madrid to complete Diego Costa transfer

A report in The Telegraph on Thursday afternoon, says that Chelsea attacker Diego Costa has told teammates that he is about to leave the London club.

Manchester United's £75million hijack of the Romelu Lukaku deal has left the Premier League champions in a tricky situation.

Despite the fact that the Spaniard played a fundamental role in helping Chelsea win the Premier League title last season, controversy was sparked earlier this summer when reports claimed Conte had sent him a text informing him that he was no longer part of his plans at Stamford Bridge.

The Express reports that bet company Ladbrokes have made it just 1/3 for Llorente to sign for Chelsea with spoksperson Dave Burin confirming Conte's pursuit of the Spain striker.

UK: All building cladding samples tested failed fire safety
Samples are being sent to the Department for Communities and Local Government to be tested independently by fire experts. The towers were refurbished by Rydon - the same company involved in the multimillion pound refit of Grenfell Tower .

The Spain worldwide has made no secret of his desire to return to Atletico Madrid, but such a move would not be possible until January due to the Spanish giants now being banned from signing players.

Indeed, the same story reveals that Costa won't be allowed to skip Chelsea's pre-season campaign if the Blues haven't agreed a transfer deal with Atletico.

Alvaro Morata is Conte's next preferred choice to replace Costa if Lukaku can not be prevented from joining United, and there is mutual respect between the two men that stretches back to the summer of 2014, when Conte pushed for Juventus to sign him from Real Madrid.

Llorente joined Swansea from Sevilla last summer and scored 15 goals in 35 appearances for the Welsh club last season.

  • Megan Austin