JonBenet Ramsey's Brother Sues CBS for $750 Million Over Doc

The 29-year-old wasn't the biggest fan of CBS's two-part special The Case of: JonBenét Ramsey, mostly because the show's panel of experts speculated he was the one who killed his 6-year-old sister JonBenét back in 1996.

CBS spokesman Dustin Smith declined to comment on the lawsuit, which is the second Burke Ramsey has filed over the television series.

The brother of JonBenet Ramsey has filed a $750 million defamation lawsuit against CBS and Critical Content in connection with the four-hour documentary series "The Case of JonBenet Ramsey" that aired in September.

JonBenet Ramsey's body was found beaten and strangled at her family's home in Boulder on December 26, 1996.

Burke Ramsey, who is now 29 and lives in MI, is seeking $250 million in compensatory damages and $500 million in punitive damages.

Actress Carrie Fisher in 'stable condition', says mum Debbie Reynolds
Tributes have poured in for the actress, who starred in three Star Wars sequels including 2015's The Force Awakens . And she acted in When Harry Met Sally , Hannah and Her Sisters , and The Blues Brothers .

Burke Ramsey's legal action said he had been "exposed to public hatred, contempt and ridicule" following the series.

Burke Ramsey's lawsuit argues that producers overlooked a significant range evidence that points to his innocence.

The lawsuit said that the Boulder PD and the Boulder District Attorney's office have publicly exonerated Burke before, during, and after the grand jury investigation, and that those facts were not highlighted in the series. Saying his reputation was destroyed by the three-part program, he is seeking $250M in compensatory damages and twice that in punitive damages.

The lawsuit says CBS and its featured experts set out to conduct a "sham reinvestigation" of the murder with "the preconceived the story line" that Ramsey killed his sister and conspired with his parents to cover it up.

Burke Ramsey was nine at the time. More than 15 years ago, Burke Ramsey's parents sued Court TV, the New York Post and Star Magazine on his behalf for publishing similar accusations.

  • Megan Austin